These are my recap notes from the last session of the day, the closing keynote at CETW. Brought to us by David Berkowitz, VP Emerging Media at 360i. I have been following David for a couple of years as well as his agency, 360i. Every year, they put out Playbooks and Trend Reports for mobile and social and a host of others. While I find them to lack a few things, they are comprehensive and represent a voice from 360i in the market, one that I suspect has paid quite a few dividends. I am always interested to see what he/they have to say because I feel like they are on the forefront of emerging technology and not afraid to get their thoughts out there. So, I was very excited to hear David speak and give this presentation. I don’t know that the audience knew what to do with him. And it was the last session of the last day, an unfortunate slot. He was kind enough to share his presentation via slideshare, so here it is:
Here are the 10 trends and a few notes I took with each:
1. Social Fashion – real-time fashion advice
2. Tagging – everyone sees the same things differently so tagging is a way we can make consistent
4. Q & A – see Siri.
5. Recommendations – from MY friends. Only relevant-to-me recommendations.
6. Social Context – check this app, Sonar. Kinda creepy, but kinda cool. It shows you those people around you who you have something in common with, be it friends, colleagues, interests, etc.
7. Geo-gaming – like Mafia Wars but in your own real-life neighborhood.
8. Augmented Reality – I like the way he described it. “AR adds a virtual layer over the real world.” Simple, but easy to understand.
9. Near-Field Community – this is about much more than payments. Interacting with objects and places where you are.
10. Facial Recognition
What do you think? Sound about right?